March 3, 2020
2:00 pm EST - 4:00 pm EST
Scholars Strategy Network Boston
More information / to register
Join us for a thought provoking and critical event covering the current MA 2020 policy priorities such as the Carbon Emission Tax, Ranked Choice Voting, and the Deep Poverty Bill. Please see below to learn more about our distinguished panelists. Refreshments will be provided!
Carbon Emission Tax: Legislation for a Massachusetts or multi-state carbon tax represents one potential policy to address climate change, and on this panel we’ll hear from a state legislator advancing such a bill as well as experts in the carbon tax and climate policy. We will hear from:
- MA Representative Dylan Fernandes
- Professor James Stock, Harvard University
- Dwaign Tyndal, Executive Director of Alternatives for Community and Environments(ACE).
Ranked Choice Voting: A question about Ranked Choice Voting for all elections in Massachusetts will be on the November ballot. We will hear from the following panel speakers on this pressing issue:
- Professor Rob Boatright, Department of Political Science, Clark University
- Professor Moon Duchin, Tufts University
- Avi Green, Executive Director, Scholars Strategy Network National
- Mac D’Alessandro, State Director for Voter Choice for Massachusetts
- Leadership Now Project
Lift our Kids Out of Deep Poverty Bill: The Massachusetts legislature is considering funding for a bill to ensure that families currently living in deep poverty have the resources they need to thrive. We’ll hear from: