April 20, 2020
8:00 pm EDT - 9:00 pm EDT
Declaration for American Democracy
More information / to register
Protect Our Vote | Virtual Town Hall Kick-Off
Join the Declaration for American Democracy, and our over 150 member organizations, on Monday, April 20th at 8pm ET (5pm PT) for the live kick-off of our Protect Our Vote virtual town hall series. The town hall will be streamed on Facebook and posted to this event page.
We will feature guest speakers:
- Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
- Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR)
- Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)
- Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY)
- Washington Secretary of State Kim Wyman (R-WA)
- Former RNC Chairman Michael Steele
As well as representatives and partners of the Declaration for American Democracy:
- Jana Morgan, Director, Declaration for American Democracy
- Vanita Gupta, President & CEO, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Michelle Bishop, Voting Rights Specialist, National Disability Rights Network
- Karen Hobert Flynn, President, Common Cause
- Debra Cronmiller, Executive Director, League of Women Voters of Wisconsin
- Rio Tazewell, Senior Campaigns Manager, People For the American Way
- Christine Wood, Democracy Organizer, Public Citizen
- Brett Edkins, Political Director, Stand Up America
Right now, our Democracy is under threat. While health experts urge Americans to stay home, too many states fail to offer options for voters to cast their ballot in a safe and accessible way. While state governments consider adapting their voting laws in response to the crisis, the reality is that states lack funds to implement the vital reforms needed. The Wisconsin primary disaster is a prime example of why we must take action now.
Our guests will discuss the need for swift action from Congress to secure our right to safely vote in our elections this year and the solutions that will allow us to do just that. In order to win the $4 billion in funding necessary for the states to protect our democracy in the next federal COVID 19 relief package, we must demonstrate the overwhelming public and political support, across party lines, for the vital solutions necessary to protect our health and our elections, including vote-by-mail, expanded early voting, and other key reforms.
But we need your help! In this town hall we will also teach you how to take action so that you can ensure no American has to choose between their health and their right to vote.
You can submit a question for our upcoming town halls here: https://declarationforamericandemocracy.org/townhall#submitaquestion